Yesterday...
Yesterday, the scariest thing happened to me.
I almost ended up as road kill.
Let me put it this way...
I had to slam on my brakes,
and so did the semi...
He ended up going a little sideways,
as did I.
I tried to play it off like it was all good,
but to be very honest with you...
I was freaked out.
I kept my composure until I talked to Chris and Jeanie...
then I cried.
What in the world happened? I don't really know.
Did I have too much on my mind?
So much that I wasn't totally focused on my driving?
I don't know how to answer that.
I felt ok...I felt in control...
Talk about something to get your blood pumping.
Thank God the girls weren't with me.
I'm not ready to leave them yet.
Geez...I was so scared.
I almost ended up as road kill.
Let me put it this way...
I had to slam on my brakes,
and so did the semi...
He ended up going a little sideways,
as did I.
I tried to play it off like it was all good,
but to be very honest with you...
I was freaked out.
I kept my composure until I talked to Chris and Jeanie...
then I cried.
What in the world happened? I don't really know.
Did I have too much on my mind?
So much that I wasn't totally focused on my driving?
I don't know how to answer that.
I felt ok...I felt in control...
Talk about something to get your blood pumping.
Thank God the girls weren't with me.
I'm not ready to leave them yet.
Geez...I was so scared.
1 Comments:
At 12:45 PM,
todd day said…
whew .....
Been there ....
Driving anywhere in or around Charlotte can be a daily taking of one's own life in one's own hands!
I'd say it was just one of those things. I wouldn't read something else into it. I mean, even on days when I'm happy as a lark and don't have a care or worry in the world, I've suddenly found myself dang near on the receiving end of a redlight runner, or a lane-changing semi, or a car full of teenagers swerving over the center line because they were too busy looking for a cd to drive!
LOL
Thank the Lord you are ok and forget about it. If I stopped to worry too much about the streets around here I'd never leave the house again!
LMAO
Be safe out there!
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home